PDFCreator Business 3.5.0 - Can't Install Through SCCM

Hello, I've been attempting to create an SCCM deployment package that runs silently, or at least automatically for a large amount of users. First issue I ran into was with the .exe installer, is that an application package in SCCM, in order to run for standard users, uses a system account that can not go through Proxy. So even though I have the LicenseKey, and VerySilent switches, the .bat file I have wrapped around the .exe crashes instantly. It will also crash with just the LicenseKey switch - probably because it can't talk to the LicenseKey server. Which we are not hosting a PDFCreator license server.

Running the .exe through SCCM with no switches, but automated button presses - it fails to check the license key, which is expected at this point.

So now I have the, hopefully offline, .msi installer. Currently I am using these switches and msiexec.exe is complaining about them. Running the .msi alone it says I need to run with a switch that I'm trying to give it:

call "PDFCreator-Business-3_5_0_19523-Setup_x64.msi" /PDFCreatorLicenseKey=(MyLicenseKey) /VERYSILENT /NOICONS

Also I know the Proxy switches that are available, but the System account that SCCM uses regardless if credentials are passed - will not go through Proxy.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here - any help is appreciated. Thank you!

A little update to this, I actually got the .msi installer to launch with the LICENSEKEY=(MyLicense) parameter. Doesn't take any silent/quiet switches but I'm AutoIT 'ing the button presses.

Aaand when it gets to actually installing the program, the installer errors out saying there's an issue with the installation package. Looking at the log, here is where it fails - on "cplkv"

ActionStart: Action 12:29:59: cplkv.
Info: CustomAction cplkv returned actual error code 1 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)
Error: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.
Info: Action ended 12:30:10: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.

Hi,

you can't use the command line switches for InnoSetup (.exe setup) when attempting to deploy an MSI package. The docs for the MSI are located here: https://docs.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator/3.5/en/pdfcreator/installing-pdfcreator/msi-installer/
You can additionally use all standard MSi switches, e.g /qn for silent.

The error you received means the license couldn't get activated, which often indicates a connection issue. The installer needs to be able to contact https://license.pdfforge.org

Best regards

Robin

Hi Robin, I need to uninstall pdf creator 1.2.1 using sccm.
Help with the correct script.

Hi,

version 1.2.1 is no longer supported, but generally you can run the unins000.exe from the PDFCreator program folder with /verysilent /NORESTART parameters.

Best regards

Robin