PDFCreator interactive dialog box to save PDF

When I print any document on the PDFCreator printer, nothing occurs: the interactive dialog box does not open to save the PDF file.
I MUST double click the PDFCreator icon to open the PDFCreator application (or close and reopen it when it is already open) to see the interactive dialog box displaying (in Profiles the Save parameter is set to Interactive).
Then clicking the Save button I can get the PDF files correctly.

This MUST is an annoying constraint. How can we fix the issue ?
My PDFCreator version is Free 3.5.1 build 7201.

Hi,

sorry for the trouble.
This isn't intended behavior, most likely the last PDFCreator update failed to replace the printing monitor.
In most cases, uninstalling, rebooting and installing again afterwards solves the issue.
Please try this and let us know if you still enconter the issue afterwards.

Best regards

Robin

I got this problem after an update of the version 2.3.2. and I lived with it sometimes. In a next time I uninstalled PDFCreator, I cleaned the registry from PDFCreator and I installed the version 3.5.1.
As I got the same problem again, I uninstalled 3.5.1 and I reinstalled it.
Nevertheless the problem is still here in Windows 7 SP1.

Hi,

the "stuck" component is most likely the pdfcmon.dll inside windows\system32.
Which version does this have on your machine?

Best regards

Robin

Thanks for your kind answer.
The pdfcmon.dll in system32 was created 21/11/2016 21:29:36 updated 21/11/2016 21:29:58.
I guess it was not removed by the uninstall, and also not replaced by the install.

What should I do ?

I have uninstalled PDFCreator, removed "pdfcmon" from the registry, deleted "pdfcmon.dll" and reinstall PDFCreator 3.5.1. Then PDFCreator start working correctly but very slowly.
After some times (after certain automatic updates) PDFCreator began to show error messages instead of creating PDF files.
Now it systematically show "unkown internal error 29200" when I print on the PDF printer.
PDFCreator does not work at all !

It's a bad product !
I will now try "Cute PDF".

Question - I have a five page document that is only printing 3 pages to pdf. Will that change when I upgrade versions, from free to Plus?

Before you think to pay for Plus, you should try the free "CutePDF Writer" as it works fine and quick (it is an alternate PDF printer).