Poor Customer Service and Refund Help

I have been auto renewed and did not agree to have this performed. I have contacted UpClick on issue but they keep telling me that I have to be contacted via email by PDF Architects support@pdfarchitect.zendesk.com which they have See Statement below.
Hello,

"My name is Claire and I am contacting you regarding your refund request for PDF Architect software.

I’m very sorry to hear that you were caught off guard by our billing.
I can totally get how it can be frustrating to receive a charge that you weren’t expecting.

As a customer, your satisfaction and success are the motivation for all we do—which is why we’ll always do everything we can to make your customer experience better. If, however, you feel like the software doesn’t fulfill your needs or you are not intending to use it in the future, we’re here to help make things right.
I went ahead and consulted with the billing department.

I’m able to offer you to change your annual PDF Architect Plan license to PDF Architect PRO+OCR lifetime license without any additional payments (no renewals in future).

Please be informed that OCR module allows you to make your scanned documents editable so that you could modify PDFs or convert them to Word correctly. When a scanner creates a PDF, it captures images and assembles them into a PDF file but the text inside images is not editable unless you recognize it using OCR module.

Moreover, I will be happy to offer you our free technical assistance in case you have any questions or concerns on using the program.

I will appreciate your quick response and hope you accept my offer.

Please note that no changes with your account have been made at this time, I’m awaiting your response."

Thanks,
Claire
PDF Architect
Customer Support

I requested a refund in response to this but they have since gone silent. If UpClick is your billing then they should be able to refund just as easily as taking a payment. Go in and refund and say sorry for renewal. Any help would be appreciative.

1 Like

Hi @EGibsontx

We're sad to hear that you didn't receive another message and would like to investigate the issue.
Could you please send me your purchase ID in a direct message?

I had similar bad experience with customer support and refund.
I bought PDF Architect Pro without OCR and e-sign in December 2019 and was quite happy with it.
In May I booked the OCR addon additionally but after first use noticed, that it was of no use for myintended purpose. I asked the support to take back the added OCR feature and refund it, but to continue the product as I had booked it in December. I expected this would not be a problem as I was sold an “extended purchase protection” with a guarantee for “full refund … up to 90 days” together with the OCR addon.
Response from support was quite fast, but not with a notice on refund but rather with a dicount offer to further use the OCR. Even after I insisted on a refund, support came up with a different discount offer.
In the 3rd round they announced the refund and even payed it withou delay.
Unfortunately the bad story is not at its end.
I realised that my PDF-Architect Pro was completely switched off and I fell back on the poor FREE-version although I booked Pro in December 2019 and expicitly told the support that I wanted to further use it without OCR.
Still the support did not answer on my protest, but I give them some more days because my notice was from last weekend.

Within 3 days the support has reacted and reactivated PDF Architect Pro.