Prints in queue but not printing/saving

Hi All,

I've recently installed PDFCreator on a server and am able to print test prints with no issues.

We have an application sending print jobs to this PDF printer, and I can see them in the print queue, however they are not being saved to the specified location. I can't even see PDFCreator.exe being run in task manager as it does when I send test prints.

Any idea on what is going on? I'm thinking it may have something to do with profiles. The prints should only be small but I doubt that would stop the printer spitting them out.

Thanks

Fry

Hi,

which version of PDFCreator are you using for this?
The PDFCreator needs to be running before you send the jobs to it and versions above 1.7.3 don’t have a server mode anymore.

best regards,

Hi Robin,

I'm using the latest version of PDFCreator and have run PDFCreator before sending jobs to the printer.

Like I said the queue is set up and work fine for me. When the program in question sends print jobs, I can see them show up in the queue and it says it printed but it did not.

Task manager doesn't even show PDFCreator running for the print. It's alsmost like the program isn't being called by the spooler service

Thanks

Hi,

you will need to use version 1.7.3 for this, newer versions will not operate preoperly for server use.
We are currently working on a separate windows service to replace the old server mode, but there is no release date yet. You can download version 1.7.3 here:

http://download.pdfforge.org/download/pdfcreator/1.7.3/PDFCreator-1_7_3_setup.exe?file=AMIfv97kLO8VoYDocnkmGfZ6Ob00JYesPQ51EAvgTbKXr0r8I5PnbSLpICS5p8m8VIP1EEkRfg0Crm4pWqkE3-JjamrrE8nI-xg5kR1phY8TiXWLDdJJbeLZRxC9uXZxi-qv46n9r-ekW2F4QQn3b4nh9WBsvAzbA7EP15qiEefN40wWr8w4pK4

best regards,

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me again but unfortunately this is not the solution to my problems. The exact same thing is happening with the 1.7.3 version.

I had a little play around today and have found that it is getting an error when a jpeg format. If I select PDF or TXT it works but it is nothing but a blank page for the PDF and the txt file prints are full of errors:

Error: /undefined  in Promotion:
Operand stack:

Execution stack:
   %interp_exit   .runexec2   --nostringval--   --nostringval--   --nostringval--   2   %stopp ed_push   --nostringval--   --nostringval--   --nostringval--   false   1   %stopped_push   1931   1   3   %oparray_pop   1930    1   3   %oparray_pop   1914   1   3   %oparray_pop   1803   1   3   %oparray_pop   --nostringval--   %errorexec_pop   .runexec2    --nostringval--   --nostringval--   --nostringval--   2   %stopped_push   --nostringval--
Dictionary stack:
   --dict:1232/16 84(ro)(G)--   --dict:0/20(G)--   --dict:80/200(L)--
Current allocation mode is local
Current file position is 15
 GPL Ghostscript  9.10 :  Unrecoverable error, exit code 1

Ok,

ih this case the jobs do reach the queue, but cause a ghostscript error, which we unfortunately can’t do anything about. You could try contacting Ghostscript support about this error, perhaps they have a solution or advice for this issue.

best regards,

No worries, thanks for your reply.

Does this also answer why it will not convert it to JPG? Does the program convert it to PDF then PDF to JPG or something?

Thanks

Hi,

yes the jpeg creation fails for the same reason, it is converted directly to jpeg, but this is also done by ghostscript.

best regards,

Is there any solution for this issue. I can see the Job in PDFCreator Print queue but does not print and save to directory.