Spyware toolbar still installing despite INF file

I'm deploying PDFCreator 1.0.2 silently via saved INF file. My INF file contains the following:

[Setup]
Lang=english
Dir=C:\\Program Files\\PDFCreator
Group=PDFCreator
NoIcons=0
SetupType=custom
Components=program,ghostscript,comsamples,languages,languages\\english
Tasks=
Printername=PDFCreator
ServerInstallation=0
Win9xPrinterdriver=0
WinNtPrinterdriver=0
Win2k32bitPrinterdriver=0
Win2k64bitPrinterdriver=0

Despite this, when installed with the following command line, the installer still attempts to download the toolbar.

My command line is /SP- /VERYSILENT /LOADINF=pdfc.inf

ESET prevents this download but the installer hangs in the process.  pdfforgeToolbar-stub-1.exe can be found running in the task manager.  Ending this process allows the installer to finish properly.

I just went back to version 1.0.0 and confirmed the same behavior.

I've created a workaround which I will share here for anyone else who has this issue.  The following is a batch/cmd file which will execute the installer and then, up to 12x over the next 2 minutes, try to kill the toolbar stub process.

```

@echo off
start pdfcreator-1_0_2_setup.exe /SP- /VERYSILENT /LOADINF=pdfc.inf
for /l %a in (1,1,12) do @(sleep 10
taskkill /im pdfforgeToolbar-stub-1.exe && goto success)

:success

<hr /><p>This is for XP and uses the <tt>sleep</tt> command from the 2003 Resource Kit.&nbsp; If you don't have the Resource Kit and can't use the <tt>sleep</tt> command, you can fudge it with <tt>ping localhost</tt>. On Win7 (and Vista, I think) you need to use the <tt>timeout</tt> command in place of the <tt>sleep</tt> command.</p><p>&nbsp;</p>

Hello,

I've managed to install the pdfcreator without the toolbar:

"%~dp0PDFCreator-1_0_2_setup.exe" /verysilent /lang=\\"dutch\\" /DontUseYahooSearch /components=\\"!toolbar,program,ghostscript,helpfiles,helpfiles\\english,helpfiles\\dutch,languages,languages\\dutch,languages\\english\\" /tasks=\\"!desktop_icon\\"" /f

Michel

[Setup]
Lang=english
DefaultDestDir=16426
Group=PDFCreator
NoIcons=0
SetupType=custom
Components=program,ghostscript,comsamples,languages,languages\\english
Tasks=
Printername=PDFCreator
ServerInstallation=0
Win9xPrinterdriver=0
WinNtPrinterdriver=0
Win2k32bitPrinterdriver=0
Win2k64bitPrinterdriver=0

If you are using a mix of 32-bit and 64-bit systems, changing the "dir=" to the DefaultDestDir above will result in proper install location on 64-bit systems. I don't have any 32-bit systems to test this on however. Could someone please test this inf on a 32-bit platform and let me know if this works.

Make that 0.98.  It seems this behavior may have always been present but it wasn't being caught by Symantec.  I switched to ESET a few months ago and that led to me discovering this issue.

I think you responded to the wrong thread.

It would be wonderful if someone with the tools and knowledge would start making "clean" builds of PDFCreator.

This only further bolsters the arguement some are claiming that the toolbar cannot be turned off even if you deselect it.