29100 - Internal GhostScript Error

Same Problem. Same 29100 Internal Error. I am trying to print from Autocad. Is 6 Years I am using Pdf Creator, never happened before. Don’t know how to solve.

Hi,

for now the best solution is probably to reinstall PDFCreaotr 2.3.2 which still uses an older Ghostscript version: http://download.pdfforge.org/download/pdfcreator/list
It will most likely take a while for us to find out what exactly is causing this, as so far it has been impossible to reproduce this here. Any example documents which lead to this error are apprectiate, if you can supply any please send them to support(at)pdfforge.org (we won’t be able to use the autocad file though).

Best regards,

Robin

@Robin.W - We have the Business version of PDFCreator. Can I still use the link you provided for version 2.3.2?

Hi,

for the Business Edition setups, please use
http://download.pdfforge.org/download/pdfcreator-business/list

Best regards,

Robin

Summary

It will most likely take a while for us to find out what exactly is causing this, as so far it has been impossible to reproduce this here. Any example documents which lead to this error are apprectiate, if you can supply any please send them to support(at)pdfforge.org (we won’t be able to use the autocad file though).

Hi Robin,
I have the same issue.
I send you (to your support) a file (Voiture autonome 0.pdf) that occurs this bug.
This pdf is the result of several merged pdf files. As you can notice, all the pages are not in the same format.
Then I use PdfCreator to fit all the pages in the same format (A4). When I launch the pdf creator impress, the bug appears at the end of the process.
Hope this sample help you to fix this anoying bug.
Regards,
Ticrob

Ps : my configuration : Windows 7 pro 64 bits / Ghostscript 9.20 for Windows (64 bit) / PDFCreator-2_4_1

Thanks to Ticrobs example document and description we were able to reproduce the error and find a temporary solution:
Run regedit.exe and change HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\pdfforge\PDFCreator\Settings\ConversionProfiles\0\PdfSettings FastWebView to false. (0 is the default profile, to set this for other profiles replace 0 with the number of the profile you are going to use)
We usually use -dFastWebView=true which enables to display the start of the PDF before the end has been loaded, but this seems to be causing a Ghostscript error under some conditions.

Best regards,

Robin

Thank you Robin for the fix and the quickness of your solution :wink:
Ticrob

Hi Robin,
I tried the above WA (Set to False the FastWebView registry) but I still have the error message "29100 - Internal GhostScript Error".
I also tried to downgrade to previous release suggested above 2.3.2 but without success.
I use W7 Entrerprise X64, Office2016, PDFCreator 2.4.1 and trying to convert an xls file.

Please let me know if you need the xls file that generate this error in order to perform troubleshooting on it.

Regards

Upgraded to PDFCreator for Terminal Server 2.4.1 last night and users began experiencing this exact issue this morning. The registry change has been fixing the problem, so far.

I created a “.REG” file encompassing the change that I could link my users to, as a temporary fix, and will roll the changes out via Group Policy after some additional testing.

Hi Robin,

I did a trial and error and found that this 29100 Internal Ghostscript Error occurs only when I am merging a PDF that is password protected. For those without password protection, they merge perfectly.

Hope this helps.

Nothing to do. I did everything (remove, reinstall, installed last and older GhostScript version, set the registry, traced…), but I wasn’t able to fix the “29100 Internal GhostScript error” and I’m not able to use the PDFCreator. I also tried to generate TEST page from Settings menu, but I received the same error. The only way to fix it is remove it and use another software :frowning:

Hi

I’ve had the same error when trying to print a merged pdf file.

Just wanted to let you know that changing the registry fixed the issue.

Let me add that I use version 2.4.1.

Best Regards
Lars

Hi KYH,

sorry I should have pointed this out: the error code is what we use for an internal Ghostscript error, which will always occur when attempting to redistill or merge encrypted PDFs, as Ghostscript doesn’t allow this by design.
But the FastWebView setting (or any other unexpexted error) can also cause an internal Ghostscript error.

Best regards,

Robin

Hi,

please send us the tracelog we will gladly have a look at this.

Best regards,

Robin

Hi,

sorry for the late response, yes the file should help to understand what might be going on.
But if even a testpage can’t get generated, the trace log would be more helpfull.

Best regards,

Robin

Hi Robin,
inside the trace log the error message is “Unable to open the initial device, quitting”.
Instead on windows screen I still have “29100 - Internal GhostScript error”.
If I use the the “virtual” printer installed by PDF Architech 4 installed together PDFCreator, the final PDF is created without errors.
I sent to you all the full trace logs to give a look.
Waiting your reply.

I finally fixed the problem with PDFCreator about error "“Unable to open the initial device, quitting” and “29100 - Internal GhostScript error”.
The problem was related to an added environment variable for temporary directory probably created by an old SW to store his temporary files.
After removed it or set as default system TMP or TEMP direcoty variable as %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp no more erros from PDFCreator to create final PDF.
Very strange that PDFCreator or GhostScript used tmpdir variable instead system variables TMP or TEMP.

We’ve hit a couple users who still receive the error – even after applying the registry fix.

I have a debug log from one of the users that shows “Ghostscript execution failed: Scanning C:\Windows\Fonts for fonts… 573 files, 381 scanned, 361 new fonts.”

How do I submit the full log for review?
–Thanks

Hi,

You can send the log file to support (at) pdfforge.org.

Best regards

Hi,

I’m trying to send spool file to the PDFCreator printer, But same ghostscript error. Does PDFCreator print any job with spool file? I just need to generate text file while any job printing on default printer.

Thanks and regards,

Sumit